RTO Educator (KAMS)
- Exciting opportunity providing nationally recognised, job-ready education to Aboriginal Health Workers
- Well-respected Aboriginal community controlled health service in WA
- Attractive base salary of $76,371 + super and district allowance
- Great benefits including accommodation allowance, district allowance and 5 weeks annual leave
About the Organisation
Kimberley Aboriginal Medical Services Ltd (KAMS LTD) is a well-established regional Aboriginal community controlled health service, founded in 1986, which provides centralised advocacy and resource support for 6 independent member services, as well as providing direct clinical services in a further 6 remote Aboriginal communities across the region.
KAMS LTD has successfully delivered high-quality, accessible comprehensive primary health care services over its 26 years of operation and has provided innovation and national leadership in areas such as health information management and evidence based best practice in primary health care.
About the Region
Broome is located 2,240km north of Perth and has a permanent population of 14,436. Broome promotes a relaxed and easy-going lifestyle, with nearby shopping centres, Sunday markets as well as a broad range of restaurants and entertainment options. It is founded on the traditional lands of the Yaruwu people and is rich in history, culture and beautiful surrounds.
Broome has a deep history in the pearling industry, spanning back to the 1800’s, with memorials throughout the town to commemorate those lost in the early years of pearling. Cable Beach is also a must-see, being named in honour of the Java-to-Australia undersea telegraph cable that reaches shore there. You can explore its beautiful scenery with a bit of 4WDing at low tide, or you can even take a camel ride every day at sunset!
Roebuck Bay is known as one of the most beautiful beaches that surrounds Broome, with its “Staircase to the moon” phenomenon drawing food and craft markets each time it occurs. The combination of a receding tide and rising moon create a natural phenomenon that can only be described as breath-taking.
About the Opportunity
Kimberley Aboriginal Medical Services now has an opportunity for an RTO Educator to join their team in Broome, WA on a permanent full time basis. Reporting to the RTO Manager, the RTO Educator is responsible for the nationally recognized, job-ready education of Aboriginal Health Workers for KAMS and its members in accordance with the national standards of a registered training organistion. This role may also from time to time be required to deliver other training as required.
Some of your day-to-day activities will include:
- Planning and delivery of the Certificate III & IV of Aboriginal Health Worker (AHW) Training Programs and other relevant programs;
- Ensuring materials, tools, and facilities required for the programs are prepared and up-to-date;
- Conducting assessments of students including assessment for Certificates III & IV, end of block evaluations, and end of qualification evaluations;
- Working with the Literacy and Numeracy (LLN) Support Officer as required to support any students with LLN issues; and
- Managing day-to-day classroom activities and providing students with all requisite tools and materials needed to participate.
To be considered for this position, you will hold qualifications as an Aboriginal Health Worker or equivalent, and previous experience teaching adults in the vocational education sector. Candidates who hold a TAE, or have any experience teaching Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander people will be highly desired, but this is not mandatory.
You will have the ability to effectively engage students from diverse backgrounds, with a commitment to accommodating the needs of all students, including those who may have LNN issues.
Most of all, you'll be confident and a natural leader who will build rapport with your students, and handle any issues that arise in the classroom with confidence. You'll be passionate about educating, and dedicated to teaching relevant and interesting lessons in a culturally sensitive manner.
To view the full position description for this role, click here.
Please note: Successful candidates will need to hold a 'C' Class drivers licence and undergo a National Police Clearance and Working with Children Check.
About the Benefits
Kimberley Aboriginal Medical Services is an organisation that truly values its team, and is committed to improving employee knowledge, skills and experience. In addition, staff development programs are not only encouraged, but are often paid for by KAMS. This is a highly attractive opportunity for people with an interest in Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander health, to make a real difference in local communities.
For your hard work and dedication to this role you will also receive a base salary of $76,371 + super.
In addition to this salary, you will have access to a further host of benefits, including:
- Accommodation assistance to the value of $7,800;
- Electricity allowance of $1,440 p.a;
- Access to an annual airfare after 12 months of employment to the value of $1,285 p.a;
- District allowance of $2,920 p.a. (single) or $5,840 p.a. (double); and
- 5 weeks annual leave to explore your beautiful surrounds.
People who identify as Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander are encouraged to apply.
This is a fantastic opportunity to enhance the learning opportunities for passionate individuals dedicated to making a real difference in young people's lives - Apply Now!
*Previous applicants need not apply.